Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jazz Buskers

These days, Market Square has all kinds of buskers, especially on weekends. Usually it's not very elaborate - a lone saxophone player, or a guy strumming a guitar, or the girl that brings her cello out occasionally to play Beatles tunes. So when this trio casually set up, I didn't pay much attention - until they started playing. They were the most astonishing jazz trio I've ever heard on the square, playing standards like Take the A Train. They attracted quite a crowd, too (and made a great photo opportunity). I hope they come back again.
I've been a bit under the weather for the past few days, so I haven't been able to visit too many of you recently, but once I get feeling better, I'll be coming 'round again!

5 comments:

Virginia said...

Great shot. The movement is just right. Feel better and take it easy today.

angela said...

B&W is perfect for this shot. Love the movement of the guys hand on his guitar.
Hope you're feeling better...

marley said...

You don't normally get buskers with a drum kit! Nice black and white photo. Hope you feel better soon :)

Jane Hards Photography said...

Jazz can only be photographed in monochrome. Live Jazz I love, especially in France. We do have a mini jazz festival here, and if I'm on an assignment, we are hoping to go this year.

Bugger the commenting on other peoples blogs and all that jazz when you're no so good. Just take 5.

Rob said...

Excellent! Jazz musicians in black and white set the tones.