Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just Peeking

I peeked through a hole in one of the boarded up doors of the Cal Johnson Building and this is what I saw. There's an upright piano, a huge bank safe, an old radio, ladderbacked chairs, a pinball machine, a bed frame, and tons of other deteriorating stuff. Dust motes danced in the shafts of light streaming through broken windows.
I can see the potential through all the rubbish - this would make a great commercial space, but it would take a lot of work and money. In our downturned economy, I don't see much hope for any takers right now.

6 comments:

Pat said...

What history these objects could tell. I peeked in an abandoned old church here once (locked) by thrusting my lens in a hole, and photographed some frescoes.

Victor said...

I walls could talk...

marley said...

Its a shame that its going to waste. Maybe when things pick up some one will take it on.

Laurie Allee said...

What an awesome, intriguing, sneaky shot! I love yesterday's image, too.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Now this is my kind of place to investigate. The photo possibilities here are endless.

Jim Klenke said...

I bet they would make great pictures also, if you could get inside.