Monday, April 20, 2009

Dog and Pony Show, Part 1

Saturday was the day for the annual open house at the University of Tennessee's College of Veterinary Medicine, one of my favorite yearly events. I posted a few photos of this last year, and if I'm still hanging around the blogosphere next year, I'll be posting more.

The Canine Parade teaches the audience about all kinds of dog breeds, but the real fun for me is after the parade, when you can meet and greet the dogs and their owners. This beautiful greyhound was a rescue dog. Greyhounds are so low-key friendly, and as you can see, not camera-shy at all. This little girl now lives a life of leisure and has the run of her owner's farm.

Tomorrow: the pony part of the show.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Awwww! She seems so sweet! Love your title. Can't wait till tomorrow!
V

Lowell said...

I'm always glad to see Greyhounds being rescued...so many, in the best of health and prime of life, are put down because they've become a little bit to slow to chase the rabbit.

So sad.