Monday, May 19, 2008

Barbed Wire Sky

There's a section of the Lakeshore Greenway along the river that's fenced off, presumably so joggers don't tumble into the river. I often wonder about the barbed wire, though. Perhaps it's a leftover from the days before the park, when it was the grounds of Lakeshore Mental Health Facility (which still exists on the grounds, but is a much smaller facility now). This is why I never get anywhere: I was so intrigued and distracted by the contrast of forbidding wire and cheerful sky that I had to stop and take a photo.

7 comments:

Chris said...

This is a nice shot. Things like this always catch my eye.

Small City Scenes said...

I know what you mean. I am always stopping to take a picture. I took my grandaughter to school today and forgot my camera. The mountains were glowing in the morning sun and I complained I didn't have my camera and my grandaughter said--I'm glad you didn't bring your camera, because you stop all the time. haha--I'm not laughing--!!

Small City Scenes said...

Page two:
I forgot to say that I like your barb wire sky. MB

USelaine said...

It's an occupational hazard, isn't it? Petrea of Pasadena said she hardly takes the garbage out without her camera when I told her I tried to get a shot of my dental hygienist coming at me with the bib! There is no cure.

crittoria said...

I get so distracted that things will happen around me and people will ask me "What happened?" I never know, but I can show them the pictures! I'm concentrating so hard on exposures, focusing & framing, etc. ;-) I really like this shot of the fence & the blue & white sky!

Clueless in Boston said...

Nice shot. I like the viewpoint. Which way is the barbed wire pointing? In or out? That will tell whether it was to keep the mental patients in or not.

Petrea Burchard said...

Very beautiful shot. I see uselaine has explained how I understand your addiction! And it's more than just taking a photo of a thing. It's finding the framing of it, the angle, the unique way of looking at it that makes it really fun and challenging. You really achieved that here.