Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Winter Berries

The Tharpe Trace trail follows the bluff around Mead's Quarry. It's a strenuous hike, but it's one of my favorites. The drowned marble quarry and surrounding property, an abandoned repository for junk and a popular site for criminal activity for many years, was purchased a few years ago by Ijams Nature Center. While the footprint of industry remains, nature is reclaiming its own. And of course, I've taken some interesting shots of this in-between-land that I'll post later.

6 comments:

Leedra said...

Bet the birds are loving those berries.

angela said...

it's amazing how quickly nature takes back the land. Those berries look so cheerfully wintery..

marley said...

I'll use my favourite pun - Berry Nice!

Virginia said...

A sunny day and beautiful beries. Much more cheerful than down here. Rain and more rain.!
V

Pat said...

Shiny red berries, so pretty.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Berried treausre.