Saturday, February 14, 2009

These Are Not Snowballs

No, really, they're not. They are images of a couple of snowballs. And if Monsieur Magritte was still around, he'd tell you that himself.

I was walking at the park in sunny, 65 degree weather (that's 18 degrees for my Celsius friends), and rounded the path to see the grass littered with large, random snowballs. It was the most surreal, silly sight I'd seen all week. Seriously. I had to sit down on a bench because I was laughing so hard. But then I took this photo to share the surreal world of Knoxville with y'all. Only a little man in a black greatcoat and a bowler hat could make it more complete.

This also told me a lot about my fellow Knoxvillians. Apparently we're consistently two snowballs shy of a snowman.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Rene Magritte is a favorite of mine, and he would have been proud of your image!

Virginia said...

Two snowballs short. That's is hilarious Knox. Love it.
V

Hilda said...

Love this! Nothing beats a little surreal prank to make life a bit more interesting!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Magritte is the man. I cannot see an umbrella without thinking him. This really is something from the Twightlight Zone.