Thursday, June 5, 2008

Brenda

This is Brenda, proprietor of Brenda's Barber Shop. She's been a barber for thirty-two years, all of them downtown. She's fun, friendly, and knows all kinds of stories about downtown history and politics. Brenda has a talent for cutting hair - she can make my hair look good despite the frizz-inducing humidity of summer. At first she wasn't sure about having her portrait posted on the Internet, but I told her about this cool photography group I'm in, and CDPB won her over.

7 comments:

Chuck Pefley said...

Welcome to world wide fame, Brenda! Greetings from Seattle :)

USelaine said...

Finding someone that truly understands hair, and cuts accordingly, is a treasure. Next time I'm in Knoxville, I know where to go.

Jim Klenke said...

Great picture, I always hate to find a new barber. When you find one you like you latch on.

Brenda you look like a nice lady. (maybe she will give you a discount if I say something nice.)

Ming the Merciless said...

Seriously, for a second there, I thought that was an old photo of a Hollywood actress on a movie set. :-) She has a beautiful smile.

Chris said...

Nice photo and tribute. . .

Yes, this merciless humidity does play havoc with our hair, doesn't it? Mine, unlike yours, is straight and fine, so it ends up sticking to my head.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Rmasey,Isle of Man, saya hello Brenda. You look a lot freindlier than the locals here. Love the b&w. A good hairdresser is a real find.

Unknown said...

My 21-year old daughter got her first hair cut from Brenda, many years ago. Good to "see" you again Brenda!