Saturday, October 25, 2008

Knoxlantis

Way down under the ocean there is a kingdom called Knoxlantis. I cruised its silent streets yesterday in my Toyota Bathosphere looking for a bite to eat. I hydroplaned sideways into the parking lot of the local diner. The neon sign said "Friday Special! All You Can Eat Fishcakes and Saltwater Taffy!" That was my kind of place. I slid into a booth and placed my order. The coffee was watery - and decaf. I fell asleep ...
... and woke up on Union Avenue. Staring at the water droplets streaming down the windshield, I sighed and started the engine, with distant echoes of Knoxlantis rippling half-remembered in my thoughts.

7 comments:

Laurie Allee said...

This is great, miss Knox!

Hope said...

A perfect description of the rainy day we had yesterday! Today we have sunshine and blues skies again. Enjoy the weekend, and I hope you get some rest.

Saretta said...

My but aren't you mystically poetic today! I love it! Can you send me some saltwater taffy from Knoxlantis?

Jane Hards Photography said...

Now I can relate. It's been pissing down here all day. You have the wax lyrical head on today. I bow my head to the wiser whimsy.

marley said...

I like the photo but I loved your narative! You should write a book!

Virginia said...

Knox, you've had too much FB.
V

USelaine said...

I'd like to see that slide. 8^) But a few well placed knots of taffy could prevent it from happening again.