Thursday, October 16, 2008

Languid

As I was walking down Gay Street, I almost tripped over these standard sized poodles. I must have been pretty distracted to not notice them lounging in the middle of the sidewalk. Their friendly but camera-shy owner said they were adopted from a poodle rescue organization. They're hanging out on the street to get used to strangers. The training must be working, because they hardly batted an eye at me. Their owner also confided that they were the closest thing available to orange and white, so that makes them Vol dogs.

I'm still having to put in a lot of extra hours at work. I'm pretty well convinced that the light at the end of that tunnel is an oncoming train. So I may not be doing much visiting or commenting for a bit. But these silly hours won't last forever.

13 comments:

Jilly said...

Two great poodles. Love it when people adopt from a refuge. Shelter dogs are so needy and give so much back. The owner of these two is very sensible to train them as she is. Nice shot - and languid is a good title!

Anonymous said...

I suppose there are groups for most types of dogs that are rescued. I need to investigate this. Nice photography on the poodles.

Virginia said...

LOVE the title. Vol poodles takes the cake! Oh my goodness, I am LOL at that. They certainly don't look like strangers worry them a lick!

Hope said...

Two very relaxed dogs who don't seem to mind strange folks at all! They are just beautiful! Sorry to hear your job is so time-consuming right now. I'm glad you are continuing to post on your blog. Of course, your blog is one of my most favorite!

Saretta said...

So, I hate to ask a stupid question, but...what's a Vol dog?

Hilda said...

Vol poodles?! Honestly, that's taking it too far! LOL! Love that, actually. :D

Hope your work eases up soon! Take care of yourself, KG. Sleep and no stress eating!

Victor said...

Vol dogs! Now I've heard everything. Have you heard that old Lightnin' Hopkins song Can I Play With Your Poodle? Hint: It's not about canines ;)

Laurie Allee said...

Aw... look at those lazy doggies! Hang in there with all that work.

USelaine said...

Like Hilda said, get your rest, just like this pair.

marley said...

A former neighbour of mine used to have these sort of poodles and they were lovely dogs. These two look very relaxed while being papped by you.

Keep on working hard, I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end :)

Knoxville Girl said...

Thanks, everyone, for your support. It sure does ease my stress to know such great Internet friends.
Saretta - click on the Volmania label to find out more.
Snapper - you're such a naughty boy...
Abe - domo arigato, sensei.
V - don't worry a lick - hee.
Thank goodness for timed posts - I'm going to have some dinner, then it's back to work for this drone.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Can I play with your poodle? WoulD that also have anything to do with playing with pussies. Hush my lavatorial mouth. They are very relaxed.Vol, got me too. What is? bugger visiting, just post so I can spew the words from my warped mind.

Leedra said...

I'd say they are used to people, so many on Gay Street. They are lovely dogs too, glad they were rescued.